With a more striking design, enhanced options for individualisation and the MBUX infotainment system, Mercedes-AMG is enhancing the E 53 4MATIC+ Saloon and Estate business-class models.
The completely restyled front view lends the Performance E-Class an even more powerful appearance. The AMG-specific radiator grille with its A-shaped contour reinforces the impression of width, as do the flat LED headlamps. Extensive design measures also make the rear view of the saloon look even more muscular. They include the two-piece tail lights, the new rear apron and the new diffuser insert.
The electrified 3.0-litre engine with twin turbocharging via an exhaust gas turbocharger and an electric additional compressor generates an output of 320 kW (435 hp) and produces a peak torque of 520 Nm. Its EQ Boost starter-alternator briefly provides an additional 16 kW of output plus 250 Nm of torque and also feeds the 48 V on-board electrical system.
Other technical highlights include the AMG SPEEDSHIFT TCT 9G transmission and the fully variable all-wheel drive system AMG Performance 4MATIC+.
The interior is also characterised by more sportiness in the form of large displays, the new AMG Performance steering wheel and the AMG-specific MBUX functions.
- Restyled front section with AMG-specific radiator grille and flat LED headlamps
- Front apron in A-wing design with five vertical struts in the centre section
- Two-piece all-LED tail lights on the Saloon and interior design of the tail lights on the Estate adapted accordingly
- Revised rear apron on the Saloon and new diffuser insert on Saloon and Estate
- 19-inch light-alloy wheels in an aerodynamically optimised 5-twin-spoke design for the first time
- 20-inch light-alloy wheels in a 5-twin-spoke design also aerodynamically optimised
- Extended range of paint colours with graphite grey metallic, mojave silver metallic and high-tech silver metallic
- MBUX infotainment system with AMG-specific functions and displays for instrument cluster and media display (touchscreen), intuitive voice control and optional proximity control
- New AMG Performance steering wheel with three rounded twin spokes, seamlessly integrated buttons and two round AMG steering wheel buttons
- Silver grey/pearl nappa leather with red contrasting topstitching as optional upholstery offering
- Optional AMG Dynamic Plus package